Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random Thoughts

I got my hair cut last week. Nothing too exciting, more like a trim. But, it feels better.

What feels even better is doing a henna treatment on my hair. My kids think it's mud, and it looks like it. I still had one box left from our trip overseas, so I used half of it yesterday. My hair feels soo good afterwards. It gives it a hint of red, but not much.

One of my kids asked me, "Why do you put mud on your hair?"
Me- "Oh, just because. It makes my hair healthier."
Different child- "Does Daddy do it?"
Me- "No."
First kid again- "Mommies put mud in their hair, but Daddies don't."  Yep, pretty much. :o)

For some reason today I found myself think about my mountain - Mt. Rainier. We used to live so close to it in my younger years. When I close my eyes, I can barely see it though. Makes me a bit sad. I miss the mountains, the gorgeous green forests, the Puget Sound, and the fresh smell of rain. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to live on the West Coast.

Things are moving along towards our long-term plans. Time needs to slow down a bit though- it's already March?!!?

I am giving a talk tomorrow at my Bible study to the "large group"- maybe 80-100 ladies. It's personal, and I'm nervous. So, if you think about it pray for me. And, no I'm not posting my talk to the blog- way too long. If you want to know what I said, you'll have to be there.  :o)

Funny picture of the day:

Mario and Luigi

4 comments:

  1. Prayers that your talk goes great!! I wish I could be there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the mountains, too. When we were in WA last year, dad went up to the cemetery in Chehalis with us to visit my mom's and grandparent's sites. The trees along the cemetery had been cleared sometime this last decade..and you could see the beautiful view of Mt. Rainier in the distance!

    How did your talk go with the ladies group?

    You're still welcome to come out and visit anytime.. My kids are all healthy..for the moment! :P
    ~andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the prayers. My talk went really well I think. I didn't freak out, haha.

    A.W.- Time is flying by! I keep thinking I need to pick a date to come visit you. But my to-do list never seems to end. Anyway, I need to pick a date and just go with it. We leave the 22nd for Illinois, an interview, and a trip to Nevada (just Brett and I for a conference). We'll be back about April 1st, but then I'm on jury duty for 2 weeks. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jury duty! lol Have fun with that. I had been summoned 3 times between age 20 and 28. (two different states!) but always managed to get out of it. Gabe's never been summoned, or he would do it, of course.

    ReplyDelete