Thursday, January 26, 2012

Soo delicious

What?!? Two blog posts in one day? Yeah, it's because I can't get this out of my mind! It's a good thing I like to cook, because Brett likes to eat. Or, maybe I should say it's a good thing Brett likes to eat because I like to cook.

Over the last week, I tried two new recipes (I'm always trying new recipes). Both of them were very good.

The Pioneer Woman has some fabulous recipes. I needed to cook some beef last week and wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do. Kind of tired of the usual beef stew. I had some mushrooms and wondered if there was a beef stew with mushrooms. To Google we go! When I read the directions for Pioneer Woman's Beef Stew with Mushrooms, I was hooked. I mean mushrooms sauteed in butter and simmered with beef? Somehow, I managed to tap into the fruits of love and kindness and saved a bowl for Brett- he loves mushrooms. Next time, I don't know that I'll show so much restraint. This is definitely a recipe to repeat. We had ours over Amish noodles. It was delicious!

So, when I was a bit at loss the other night as to what we were going to have for dinner, I decided to check her site once again. Pasta Carbonara was what caught my eye. And yes, it was good! However, I definitely prefer the Beef with Mushrooms. So much so, that I really, really, REALLY want it for dinner. But, alas and alack, no mushrooms in the house. So, chicken in the crockpot it'll have to be.

2 comments:

  1. that beef stew sounds delicious. I need to start trying some new recipes myself. Any other recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I have so many recipes. Another website I enjoy is http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/. I bought some mushrooms today, so sometime soon I am going to make the beef and mushrooms! When Brett is home to enjoy. :o)
      I'll make sure to post new recipes that I enjoy.

      Delete